Monday, February 7, 2011

The inner battle

Some days I really do need to force myself to exercise and eat right and it is hard work let me tell you. I have a battle in my mind between the devil and the angel as to whether I exercise or not. This morning was a prime example, I was up and dressed as had to take my other half to work but all the way there and all the way back I was thinking up excuses not to get on the treadmill and rebutting them at the same time.

It went a little like this:
- I'm really tired I must just hop back in to bed when I get home and set my alarm for an hours time...
No you won't you are already awake and dressed just get on the treadmill you will feel better for it.
- My knees and ankles are really sore from running I might just watch some TV.
Just push past the pain you wuss
- I might just do 20 minutes instead of 30...
If your going to do 20 you may as well do 30.

Do any of you have these conversations with yourself or is it just me? I have my good days and my bad days but I guess it's like anything really you need to take it in your stride and never let the bad days get you down.

By the way I did end up getting on the treadmill and completing my half an hour and let me tell you my legs and knees hurt like hell but I got there and I felt so much better for it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness that is me ALL over. I can personally guarantee that EVERYONE is like this about something.

    WELL DONE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that too. Some days I just get my butt in gear and do it. Other days, it takes me forever to get my workout clothes on and then I sit around procrastinating forever, having an argument with myself.

    "Just go work out."

    "But I reallyyyy dont want to."

    "Are you skinny yet?"

    "No...."

    "Then go! Just do it."

    "Ugh..."

    "Now."

    "Ughhh oooookkkkkkk...."

    It's like fighting with a kid. lol

    ReplyDelete