Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's not about if you fall off the wagon...

It's about how quickly you get back on.

This is something that I really am trying to learn in my weight loss journey and I have fallen off the wagon massively over the last two weeks. I have had my ok days and I have had bad days but there have not seemed to be any good days in there anywhere.

The problem is I feel like I am falling apart at 27. I have had all sorts of health problems creep up on me in the last year. I have very borderline high blood pressure, an underactive thyroid, stress levels are through the roof and not helping anything and I was recently diagnosed wtih sleep apnea. I just want to crawl in a hole and hide away from it all cause I dont know how to get out of it. Other than try to lose the weight which just doesnt seem to want to come off.

So this morning I decided it was enough wallowing and I needed to get back on the wagon. So I dragged my bum out of bed and hopped on the treadmill and did my walk/run and I felt good. One because I hadnt been on there for a bit over two weeks and I was still where I was at when I stopped. And two it was just good to get back on and start doing something about it.

I still struggle some days and wish it would be a whole lot easier but what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger. Well that is what they say anyway.

I am also contemplating joining curves. I am a member of another gym currently but just dont use the membership so I am thinking of swapping over. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Oh hun. Hop back on. I miss the treadie too. Am afraid I think. I'm glad you switched {I hope I didn't ruin a surprise for later!? ha} to Curves. You can come and laugh with us.

    Chin up. One week at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wise, Trina. So true. It's not even 'if' you fall off the wagon, it's 'when'! So we all need a strategy for what we'll do to get back on. x

    ReplyDelete